Maus Weight Mock-Up Turret
Camouflage Scheme, Boblingen 1944 (DA60157)
About the Maus:
This version of the Maus features a mock-up turret that was actually used for vehicle testing and trials.
The enormous dummy turret on the Maus prototype recreated the correct weight of the proposed final turret, but of course didn't contain any armaments. A striking feature of this model is the series of red Russian markings. The stars and hammers and sickles were painted on the Maus because the Germans wanted to trick people into thinking that this was a captured Russian vehicle, rather than one of their own secret developments.
Dragon Models "1:72 Dragon Armor Collector Series" display model vehicles feature:
- Molded plastic construction (some releases include diecast metal components).
- Rotating turret, elevating cannon and accurate hull.
- Painted, fitted, non-moving tracks and detailed non-rotating wheels.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Clear acrylic display case to protect model.