Russian JS 2 Heavy Tank
27th Guards Separate Heavy Tank Regiment, 21st Army, Vyborg (Viipuri), June 1944
The JS tanks were named after Joseph Stalin. The JS-2 had a 122mm D-25T main gun and 6 road wheels to improve soft ground track performance. In 1944 new specifications included new armour tempering, a 60-degree glacis replaced the 30-degree and the driver's front hatch was removed. Also a relocated wider porthole, improved mantlet, increased lower hull side armor and a new periscope sight. The commander's cupola moved to the left and a 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun attached. In 1944 2,250 JS-2's were produced and no further improvements were made until 1954.
|Custom Status||Missing in Action|